Art 1 Final Exam

Monday, June 9, 2014

Sculpture Project

How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
I used my own unique ideas in my piece because I loved this photo of my family. I used my own unique photo, and I used my own idea of transferring the photo to the clay slate.
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?

My mother was definitely my source of inspiration, and I used this photo to create a piece showing how wonderful I think she is. I used the clay to recreate the image uniquely and creatively. 
How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked? 
While I was making my piece, I got frustrated once or twice. I got frustrated because I didn't think that my piece was working the way I wanted it to. I responded to this by taking a break from working on my piece. This helped clear my mind.
Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?

When I was initially making the piece, I did not plan on painting anything in the background. However, I decided to add a background in the process of making the piece, and I ended up liking it a lot better with the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment