Art 1 Final Exam

Monday, June 9, 2014

Art Journaling

My topic was "where I want to travel". I honestly just want to travel the whole world, and that is why I based my piece off of the world. 
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
In doing the art journaling project, I definitely was able to work on a process that I rarely use in my art. Using the layering process was really quite interesting, and I enjoyed using a variety of materials.
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?

I definitely gained skill with the tissue paper, paint, and collaging as a whole. I've created collages before, but I definitely gained knowledge about how to use this materials to their maximum potential. 
How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked? 
I had trouble initially when I was trying to figure out what I should do to portray my topic. In order to respond to this challenge, I wrote out a list of options and I thought over all of these options.
Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?

I definitely did not expect to lay my piece out like I did. After cutting the continents out of the magazine, I had trouble figuring out how to organize it. I did not expect to organize it the way that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment