Art 1 Final Exam

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Portrait Piece


How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
It seems to be a reoccuring theme for me to use my family as a source of inspiration. This piece was no exception. I used my younger sister as a source of inspiration, and I used a photo that I took of her to paint my piece. I used my unique ideas by incorporating very specific details, and by using a photo that I had took. 
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
My source of inspiration was the photo I had taken, and I brought it to life through my painting. I think that I made the original photo through the detail I painted in the hair, and through the detail of the profile. 
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
Through my project, I learned how to draw/paint a profile accurately and "cleanly". I was proud of the profile and the time and effort that I put in to painting a clean, defined profile.
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
I was relatively unfamiliar with watercolor, and I honestly did not very much enjoy using them on this project initially. However, I progressively became more comfortable with this material through this project. Although I do not think that my water color skills are fully "developed" yet, I enjoyed gaining skill with this unfamiliar material. 
(*photo coming soon*)

No comments:

Post a Comment