Art 1 Final Exam

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Perspective

Perspective Piece





How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
My perspective piece is based off of a photo I took of my younger brother. In this way, the photo was already my unique piece. I loved the picture, and I have wanted to paint it for the longest time.
Did you use a source for inspiration, then combine it with your own ideas to make it original?
My source of inspiration was the photo of Wes, but I combined both watercolor and charcoal to create a unique piece. I also used a variation of colors to make my piece unique and appealing.
Did you learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project?
Through doing this project, I really enjoyed using a mixture of two, very different materials. I was able to establish a technique to combine these two and create a piece that looked "clean".
Did you gain skill with familiar materials?
I haven't really worked much with watercolors on any projects that I have done up to this point, so I really enjoyed getting more comfortable with watercolor painting. I generally do not like working with watercolors because I find it messy and difficult. However, this piece opened my mind to using watercolors, and I ended up really enjoying it.
(*photo coming soon*)

No comments:

Post a Comment